Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dorm Decor: DIY Photo Board

Hey cupcakes!!!!! Now that I am slowly preparing myself for college next fall, I have begun to make some items for my dorm. This photo board is sooooo easy and quick! I also made it for less than $2 because I had most of the supplies already! Whoa.
Here is what you will need:

-Black foam board from Dollar Tree ($1)
-Photos (the first 25 photos you print from Walmart are free when you sign up online!)
-Glue
-Mod Podge Matte
-Paintbrush
-Command poster strips

Instructions:

1. Buy the materials. Find pictures from Facebook, Instagram, etc. and send to your local Walmart. I bought thirty and only paid $0.80 with the first 25 free! (Go to the Walmart photo center's website to register)

2. Place foam board on a flat surface. 

3. Figure out how you are going to arrange your pictures. I was using a tutorial on Pinterest and she cut out squares. I decided to use many shapes so all of my pictures would fit. 

4. Cut out the pictures and glue onto board.

5. Mod podge over the pictures (it looks like you are ruining the photos but don't worry you won't!)

6. Hang with some Command poster strips! Enjoy!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna, wow I love this idea and it will be perfect for your dorm wall. Thanks for joining and sharing this at Cooking & Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! Love the idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...