1. College is way harder than high school - If you actually want to get a high GPA (or plan on applying to grad school, etc.), you will need to work hard and put in the time! It isn't impossible but sometimes you might have to miss some social activities to do well on an important test.
2. The key to adjusting to college is: BALANCE - With school work, a job, social activities, and extracurriculars, you need to find the perfect balance that allows you to succeed in all the aspects of your college life. In my experience, I recommend starting off the year in only one extracurricular and then after you succeed in balancing school, friends, etc. you can join more if you have time/want to! :) It is way more rewarding to be super involved in one student organization than barely participating in 4 or 5!
4. People are annoying - College is college. There will be annoying roommates, loud people partying until the wee hours of the morning, and jerky professors. BUT, learning to just cope with these types of people will ease some stress and allow you to be more positive in your college experience.
5. Stress is REAL - College is honestly the most stressed I've ever felt. If you are an overachiever like me, you will start the year by putting wayyyy too much pressure on yourself. As the year went on, I realized that an exam is just an exam, an A- is not the end of the world, etc. Learning to put less pressure and stress on yourself is a must in college if you want a healthy body and mind! <3
7. You will be peer pressured - Whether this be for drinking, sex, drugs, etc. you need to just stick with your beliefs. There will be people just like you, don't worry! Finding friends that have similar morals than you can create friendships that will last for forever. :D
|Perfect response ;)|
9. Moving in/out is the WORST (so try to underpack!!) - Sweating and moving in/out all your crap is honestly the worst part of college (to me at least)- lol. I suggest leaving half of your clothes at home and bringing only the essentials of everything. Trust me, next year I will be bringing probably a third of what I brought this time!
11. Your family is EVERYTHING - After going to college you realize just how important family is. Make sure you call them and go home for a few weekends because they will miss you a lot! Not only is college a huge adjustment for you, it is a huge adjustment for your family as well <3
12. It is OKAY to not know what you want to do for your major/career - Trust me, your first year of college is a great way to explore interests you have! I have taken some pretty awesome classes in topics I would have normally never even thought about! :)
13. College WILL be the best years of your life - Everyone always told me this, and after one year, I can say that they are right. College is amazing. The bad days, the good memories, the classes, the late night study sessions, everything is just perfect! I wouldn't change it for the world <3
|Tom Felton agrees :P|